How to save on your utility bills
Tired of your electricity, gas and water bills getting more and more expensive? You’re not alone. Here are a few simple tips to help you to lower your bills.
- Install a rainwater tank.
- Take two minutes off the time you take to shower.
- Dry your clothes on a washing line in warm weather to save on drying costs.
- Wear fewer clothes in summer and more in winter.
- If you have an old house, seal any gaps with door snakes.
- Stick to gas heaters – they’ll save you money over time.
- Switch your washing machine to a time saver cycle.
- Use a laptop computer – it uses far less energy than a PC.
- Wash your clothes in cold water rather than warm water – it will save you energy and is better for your clothes.
- Compare energy rates – visit www.energywatch.com.au to make sure you’re on track.